Vegetable Garden Tips
How To Grow Onions
How To Plant Onion sets
- Make a hole along the soil about two inches deep and water very well..
- Place the onion sets about 5 inches, 10 centimeters apart.
- Make another row around 12 inches, 25 centimeters apart.
- Plant more onions. Then cover with soil leaving the stems showing .
- Push down the soil firmly around each onion.
- Water again.
How To Protect the Onions from Birds
The birds will have great delight in picking up the light onion sets and flying away with them.
So you need to cover your newly planted onions with a light netting. After a couple of weeks the onions will have rooted so the birds can not remove them.
|How To Grow Onions|
Looking after the Onions as they Grow
Once they have grown to the size you want you can pick them to use in the kitchen when you need them. Always pick the largest ones first and allow the smaller ones to grow bigger.