Monday, January 6, 2020

Tidying the Garden

My front garden was looking rather sorry for itself so I decided to tidy it up


My flower garden clogged up with dead leaves



There were still lots of old leaves on top of the grass and plants.
I had already cleared these away a few times.
But hopefully this would be the last time I had to do this.


All the leaves have been lifted from the plants




Once that job was done I weeded the small front garden and dead headed any winter plants.

My front garden is now weeded and tidied up 



The spring bulbs are coming up.  Some had been covered with the dead leaves.  
So now they can get the light and produce lovely daffodils and tulips.


My garden with spring bulbs showing



This small patch of garden is also ready for the summer planting.of flowers. 
I took cuttings of White Daisies, Lavender and other plants from my back garden. 
This will save me money because I will have less plants to buy this year.    
I am glad that work is done. 
It has been annoying me for a while.
The weather has been too bad these past few weeks to do anything in the garden.  
But it is picking up now so I have more of an opportunity to get the preparation work done.  



No comments:

Post a Comment